• Total Topics: 1484
  • Online Today: 7
  • Online Ever: 256
  • (January 23, 2020, 05:10:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:46:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Top Lists - Vote!

Author Topic: Why Integrals are under valued  (Read 2472 times)

Why Integrals are under valued
« on: March 22, 2021, 02:14:09 PM »

Kinnersley

• View Profile
Listen up you crayon munching Darksiders!

Having recently come back to the game after a brief hiatus. Highlanders global shout for a trade of FP for INTS got me thinking. A one to one rate isn't a fair value to INTS so I've done a little bit of 'having a mental break down' and have come up with the following.

First of all we need to understand how currency works. I'm not talking about keeping 50p's in your sock draw or the $5 a month you get for tidying your room, you smooth brained homunculi... or the almost entirely useless in game gold. When was the last time you bought an item for gold in the game? Lolz!
In the following we will discuss the following items as currency GBP, INTS and FP. Try and keep up, or keep watching YouTube and licking those purple crayons... your call.

We are currently working on a 1 to 1 ratio of exchange with the cost of both currency's in game pegged to the value of the GBP. the exchange rate being set at (lets use the worst ratio here) of 1GBP to 170 IGC(In Game Currency) as set by the Royal Woomyon Bank of Sejanus (RWBS). Baring any fluctuations (preferential sales, insider trading, bribery) this is relatively stable. Regardless of what happens in game the value of both INTS and FP don't change. Google 'Bretton Woods' for some background reading - or go AFK in the safe house, I don't give a Sh*t its your life.
Fundamentally though, anything you buy with IGC it's valued at the value of GBP, regardless of how you came across your ill gotten gains (chop chop little nubs, more axes than friends nae doubt!). On top of this the value of your IGC is directly in correlation to spikes in exchange from IGC to GBP based on the RWBS's sobriety and 'special offers' this directly effects the 'float' (Amount of IGC in circulation) however doesn't effect the value of purchasing... (simpler terms, special offers making makes a INT tele to WT cost 0.02 GBP rather than 0.0235GBP)

What is the other option, I hear you scream into your Dorito, Red bull and shame smudged laptop!

Floating currency.

This one is a little easier to explain.. so keep up...

A floating exchange rate is one that is determined by supply and demand on the open market as well as macro factors. (this is the key point I'm building up to, perhaps, who knows, this could just be one smooth brain autists attempt to get some attention, this could be a cry for help..)
For the cheap seats.. Lots of FP in the market  not many INTS on market means INTS should be worth more than FP or Vice Versa. (we all know people flooding the game with FP - Looking at you, you boss killing, wont invest in the rest of the game Mother cussing.... Sorry distracted myself)

A floating exchange rate doesn't mean countries don't try to intervene and manipulate their currency's price, since governments and central banks regularly attempt to keep their currency price favourable for international trade. (In fact the RWBS still does that now to an extent, which we may discuss further if I can be bothered)

Still with me? God help you if you are, here are some pretty emojis to keep you going, I know you need something to keep you tiny attention span.. I'm impressed you stuck it out this long!
 :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'(

Right, now that you are back in the room

Floating exchange rates are the most common and became popular after the failure of the gold standard and the Bretton Woods agreement, the failure due to the dollar not being able to be covered by the central reserves gold or President Nixon devaluing the dollar against the gold (cause we make up our own rules and 'I am not a crook' Right?) Whilst stable... the RWBS could collapse like the USD based on the mental stability of our glorious leader.. or how many bottles of whisky he has had on any given night... Who knows  :o

What does this all mean to me, I've been reading your insufferable shite now for what feels like 7 sols...

Well there is lots of FP in game, despite what you are told...

This means that there are fat money cats with short arms and deep pockets that are saving all the reserve for them selves leaving you newbies having to donate for dear life to survive this torrid of brown waste to get a foot up or trust some 'friends' to help, until they either screw you over for personal gain, or cut you loose cause, you can't help them.

'perhaps you are right... perhaps I am getting bent over'
'Just wait.. there is more, my special little friend, and don't interrupt.. where was I?'

Let's break down where you get your IGC and what you spend it on... What does this market look like, what are the rules, how does this effect the IGC exchange rate?

FP
At the outset, this seems like the main currency for external markets. It has a set amount in circulation per day - you can easily and quantifiably make a set amount of this per day based on out put. This is your core currency, you can not survive in the game without large amount's of it, this is what people trade with (Wrong) this is what I have access to, albeit in limited amounts (correct - 1 outta 2, look at you learning, hope for you yet!)

INTS
Get the F outta here... What do I need these for, I get a hundred or so a week from Sej, FOR FREE, all I got to do is log in and tele to some caves.. EASY, use a few for some Rebirths that's it. Well that's how you started... then... Oooh look at the shiny things, I do need a torch that makes me strong like ox... here you go Ints Man (a division of RWBS) take my money... Wait WHAT?!?! I can tele quicker to get more FP for a few INTS? I'm down, PING that's me in WT waiting to kill a boss 4 ints for the tele 4 FP for the kill. (damnit you massive penis, you've waisted my time exchange rates are 1 - 1) But WAIT there is two of them?!?!... I've hacked this game. This is money for nothing! 4 ints, I get 8 FP which I can trade for  4 more INTS and keep 4 FP - GENIUS! I AM GORDON GEkKO - A golden god

Now in theory the above doesn't work when you read it in black and white... that values FP lets say at 200% for every Int I can get 2 fp (Quick maths!). Despite the going rate being 1=1. Every one should be quid's in!

Well no.. for a few reasons. First of all INTS despite what they tell you are more valuable than FP...

'Because end game I need LOADS of INTS, like tonnes, I can't level without drugs and stat adding candles. I can't cheat people out of high level bosses without emergency teles, I NEEEEED INTs' - is what I think.

What I tell you, is..
'F you low level peasant your value is less than mine, its 1-1 you know nothing'

Plus if said prick cons you into thinking they helped you, they get INTS as a reward WTF? (however notice its INTS not FP... strange.. FP is the dominant currency, right?..)

Second of all if you took notes with that purple crayon you've been eyeing up like its a fillet steak cooked by Gordon Ramsay, you'll remember that we already established that FP is 200% over valued as on equal footing the literal NPC exchange rate is 1 INT to 2 FP with a return rate of 1 FP to 1 INT. Something doesn't add up here...

Now back to when we spoke about Variable exchange rate... We've flooded the market with our boss killing greed and FP is spilling out of players pockets, cause you know, I get more FP for 1 INT and then trade back.. Supply for FP is high demand is getting lower... I need INTS to keep getting FP and levels. Whilst sitting on my FP pile like Smaug clucking and purring at all my wealth with so little to spend it on... I need more INTS so many more INTS to feed my greed, speed my levelling and beat end game. Here we have demand...

Even I'm getting bored... I'll speed this up

Variable exchange rate...

I would set... If I was a bank... or if I was sitting on the motherload of currency like Oxis (I could start my own bank!) an exchange rate of lets be kind 1.4 FP - 1 INT.. (I reckon the true value is higher than 1.6) Remember INTS have more value the higher you get. FREAKENOMICS female dogs!

Because of the above... Because of the Bretton Woods system we are currently using... Because the RWBS sets the pegged rate of 1GBP - 170 IGC. It can only mean that;

A) INTS ARE UNDEVALUED BUY BUY BUY!!!
B) None of this matters the economy is so fucked everyone buys stuff with Mats now anyway! We may as well go to the shop and by your milky way bars and salt licks with shells you found at the beach, you mouth breathing beauty.

RWBS - I beg you, please. Change exchange rates.... or Print more INTS... For the love of god! Make mats more freely available, at least to a slightly more reasonable ratio to IGC. You are our GOD you have this power. You are stronger than Papa Elon..

My fellow Darksidians I challenge you to come together.. Trade FP for INTS at a ratio of 1.4... Fight the power... break the system OCCUPY Bichon Street...

TLDR

Ints are worth 1.4 FP....
Economy is so broken that people trade Mats for Mats

Re: Why Integrals are under valued
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 09:20:38 PM »

Sejanus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Legend of mir 3 Dark Side
I love this Essay xD but I have doubts if all players will understand it!!:)

>>> :) > I will comment properly this week:P

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 10:16:20 AM »

Smooth

• View Profile
I have always said that Ints are worth a darn sight more than FP, I'd agree 1.5 - 1 however, as you so rightly pointed out, the 1 - 1 ratio is set by those with callosal deposits of FP, Mats & Items. I no longer trade my Ints for FP with anyone out of guild and certainly only trade higher valued mats with other mats that I need, FrozenPieces for PureJoy for example, I have no need for gold either really (although that may change as rez is now 10mill! just carry more gems)

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 11:23:36 PM »

jellybean

• View Profile
Zzzzzzzzzzz oh fk fell asleep then

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 10:46:21 AM »

Sejanus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In-game to be fair there is 1.5 million integrals, and 2.1 million FP, so ratio 1 to 1.4 is right aka 1.5* 1.4 = 2.1.

Reason buying from me ratio is 1 to 1 fp to int is as people always have a choice, can get intes that are worth more, and trade with other players(my goal). If FP is cheaper from me then people will trade less, trade is important for me.

Intes inflation goes with time, there was times when £1 = 100 intes, now 170 base, but really about 200 from weekly offers, which is a lot already considering intes stuff price don't grow, but actually goes down with time.

Also I can't make mats drop more often, they have appropriate rates, not can sell them for int/fp.

Not sure exactly what you want changed Kinner, all the points mentioned are correct, but balancing that will ruin balance in other parts, and then when I fix balance in other parts, then balance will be back to as it is now 🤣

Eg. I planned to make base price of int £1 = 200 int, but then not sure if many things in intes will not be too cheap 😄mugs already almost free(actually free if u consider wb, and ww intes) aka offers would be like 240+ int on £1, it would affect whole int NPC balance, which would end up being changed, and inflated.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 10:56:16 AM by Sejanus »

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 02:49:57 PM »

Kinnersley

• View Profile
In-game to be fair there is 1.5 million integrals, and 2.1 million FP, so ratio 1 to 1.4 is right aka 1.5* 1.4 = 2.1.

That's about all I needed....

Realistically there is nothing you can change... Unless you change the selling point of ints for GBP. Which as you said isn't an option, what it would do is change the in game exchange rate due to direct costs, or made ints drop a little more often to put more into the game to reflect the current players trading platform.

The point of the above essay was that it
A) Amused me
and
B) gave me reasoning for why I believed there was a discrepancy in the valuation in game (as traded by the players) on the valuation of the two currency

You have proved me right, with my reasoning (lets appreciate me nailing the valuation on circumstantial evidence).

It is up to the court of public opinion to decide what they do with the information.

I for one would request more Ints than FP on any item and have the above as justification for this.

#Finance

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 09:49:06 AM »

jellybean

• View Profile
Question are those fp and ints that u say is in game is that the active players or a combo of active and inactive players?

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 11:40:46 AM »

Sejanus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Question are those fp and ints that u say is in game is that the active players or a combo of active and inactive players?

mostly active players otherwise we talk about 2mill vs 3mill FP there.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 01:15:10 PM »

DMZ

• View Profile
Well said Kinnersley and thought about
And you’re right, and not many players realize that until it’s too late(used and abused)
Adding to what you said about things don’t add up and sharing my personal experience about setting the value of not just the ratios between intg vs FP, and making things more complicated if you link it also to the cash in game GB(Gold Bars), as you have seen the price change of Revival(costs GB) has changed from 4GB to 10GB which is a 250% increase and Emergency Teleports(costs Intg) also increased not long time ago, therefore getting and selling a mat or an items is not the same as before it costs more now.

So when I sell an item now, I will add my cost to it, some who their mind still stuck in the past and don’t follow the changes will resist and say to you "this the price and always has been", which is not true (simple math), I always discount if someone is paying by intg and it’s not fair 1:1

Now integrals are undervalued and not easy as FP to get plus the time to get it, basically it’s all in the player’s hands to make the changes and adapt to it, if you selling intg for FP ask for the ratio you see fit, if they don’t like it fk them  ;) that’s how the market works here and there is no one to regulate it (just an agreement between the buyer and seller).
Commenting on Sejanus”  but balancing that will ruin balance in other parts, and then when I fix balance in other parts, then balance will be back to as it is now “
You already made changes the will affect other parts, and when an old Player comes back to game either will say WTF happed here I can’t survive now, or will say thanks god I got away with it because what I have achieved long time ago will cost more now and god help new payers, and that applies also to current active players.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 12:55:11 AM »

Sejanus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bump 😌☺️

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2022, 12:47:58 PM »

Konradf

• View Profile
 ;D ;D

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2022, 10:15:39 PM »

DMZ

• View Profile
Bump 😌☺️

lol its a one year post Sej

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2022, 01:07:23 AM »

Sejanus

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Last reboot

Server was rebooted
last time on: 09/05/2024
11:01:14am GMT+0
That is: 09/05/2024
12:01:14 Czasu Polskiego
12:01:14 German Time

Shoutbox

Last 10 Shouts:

Sejanus

May 10, 2024, 08:24:46 PM
Tzn jak wybija?

cieszyrad

May 10, 2024, 01:03:37 PM
Witam, wybija pobieranie pliku gry "Dark Side 17 08 2023" jest jakiś nowszy ?

Sejanus

May 07, 2024, 10:03:26 AM
You should speak to walshy didn't you share it😏

Or use password retrieval via launcher, if you remember your secret questions.

spartacus

May 07, 2024, 08:24:07 AM
how do i retrieve account password?

Sejanus

May 06, 2024, 03:50:32 PM
Lol nab is alive

spartacus

May 06, 2024, 01:21:52 PM
kurwaaaaaa

Sejanus

May 04, 2024, 11:10:22 AM
Weekend bonus will come monday/ weekend bonus w poniedzialek.

GRP donaty juz poszly takei majowe jak ktos jeno chce do dzis ostatnia szansa.

raven

April 30, 2024, 10:20:08 AM
 Grup donate 30.04.2024r.- 02.05.2024r. do godziny 19;00 zapraszam

raven

April 30, 2024, 08:27:20 AM
Szybka Grup donate 30.04.2024r. do godziny 19;00 zapraszam

Show 50 latest

Recent Topics

Donation Offers

Monthly Deals
Each offer can be bought
only twice within time